Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Paulet Road Camberwell

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Charles

Charles Report 12 Dec 2003 10:41

How or where can I find information who lived in Paulet Road Camberwell London prior and during 2nd War.

Michele

Michele Report 12 Dec 2003 11:28

Hi Charles I am no expert but I think you would have to look at the electoral registers for the area. There were, as far as I have been told, no registers taken during the war years. For example when looking for West Ewell info I went to the Surrey History Centre in Woking. Try the London borough of Southwark for info. I'm sure someone else may be able to give more advice. Good luck Michele

Zoe

Zoe Report 12 Dec 2003 11:30

Charles, Kellys or Post Office directories are probably your best bet. They should have street indexes telling you who lives at which number. They also have an alphabetical directory seperated into commercial and domestic. Only for the head of the household though. Alternatively electoral registers if the people were of voting age. I've found these in the main local libraries for the area I was querying. Zoe

Belle56

Belle56 Report 12 Dec 2003 13:35

Hi Charles, is it a specific person you are looking for or just who lived at a certain address, as my family still live in Camberwell, not far from Paulet Road, and my father remembers many characters from round the Green pre and post war, so if you have a name i could ask him. April.