Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

help in "trying to find" board

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

John

John Report 28 Nov 2003 19:42

How do I put an entry on the Trying to find board ? I keep going around in circles. All it does is to refer me back to "my names" and tell me to enter the details there. However, I cannot find any way to do so. Frustrated !! John R.

Katie

Katie Report 28 Nov 2003 19:58

Go to the surname page for the surname you are searching for. On that page you should see the options to search by name, DOB or place of birth. Below that you should see the messageboards. History, General and trying-to-find. Add to that trying to find board and t also appears on the general one. Hope this helps. -Kat

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 28 Nov 2003 20:51

JOhn I believe you have to have the name you're trying to find in your tree. For examl is you want to finf joe bloggs you may have Mary bloggs in your tree. If you don't have the surname req'd in your tree, make a fictious one up to enter the trying to find. Then delete it after trying to find is placed. Hope this all helps and more importantly makes sense!!!! Shelli

John

John Report 30 Nov 2003 13:23

Thanks for the tips Shelli and Kat. Willput my message on tonight. John R