Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Puzzle- Pile/Martin, middlesex, any clues?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Georgina

Georgina Report 25 Nov 2003 17:44

Dear All, I am looking for an ancestor, william watkins pile. He married Constance Smith in 1895 in edmonton district. Belive he is listed as William Martin in the 1901 census(born stepney, Middlesex), living in Hornsey, where I know he had kids, and he inherited a chimney sweeps business under the name of Martin. Bith bits of data tell me he was born circa 1860. However only William Pile listed is born 1850, and no william martins within the time range at all. Can anyone throw light on this puzzle. Can't find him at all on 1891 census, under either name. Does anyone have parish records for stepney, or can provide any other help? Apologies for posting this on 2 boards - but sometimes people throw light ona puzzl without doing any lookups. Many thanks

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 25 Nov 2003 18:34

Have you got him in 1881 yet Georgina? If not I can check on discs for you. Maz. XX

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 25 Nov 2003 19:34

do you know how old Constance was when they married