Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lost Grt Grandad

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carol

Carol Report 24 Nov 2003 17:04

I cantt find my Grt Grandad, Percy Howard Goldsmith on the 1891 census. i HAve him on 1881 and 1901, but have lost him in he middle, he wasnt a sailor as far as i know so unlikely to abroad, could he have just been missed off? he would have been 21 at the time so could have been staying elsewere as i found the rest of family. He was born in Crewe but living in St Helens at the time of census( or so i thought)

Suzy

Suzy Report 24 Nov 2003 18:53

Hi Carol Um, this is an annoying one, isn't it? I've tried all possible combinations of his age, name and place of birth, but nothing!! Are you sure of his date of birth? Was he called anything else in the other census? What are his family called? A few more clues, and you never know!!

Montmorency

Montmorency Report 24 Nov 2003 19:24

Are you looking on Ancestry? It's not finished yet. They aren't telling us how many people aren't indexed yet, but if my family's anything to go by, it's still zillions. The notice is promising a "final update" in "late summer". Getting quite late now...