Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

help with 1901 please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Olgiza

Olgiza Report 23 Nov 2003 19:48

I have a bit of a problem and am requesting any input. William WHYBREW married Ellen in 1868. they are on 1881 with three children...Jane b 1869, Charles b 1872 and Annie b 1876. They are not on the 1891 census!!! (Thanks to Debbie doing a look up on her disks) In 1901 William is in Ware and so is Jane. Also there is a third person in the house but not Ellen or Charles (I used the reference numbers on the properties to check this out). If anyone has the 1901 decoder could they look up this family in Ware Herts. where William was a grocer, beer seller. Alternatively any tips would be appreciated. Roger in Eastbourne

Tracey

Tracey Report 23 Nov 2003 20:49

Hi Roger, These are the people in the household: William Whybrew,52,essex st saling, grocer/beer seller. Susan Whybrew,36, essex st Barfield. Jane Whybrew, 31, essex St Barfield. Andrew Whybrew, 9, Middlesex Shepherds Bush. Arthur Whybrew, 6, Middlesex Shepherds Bush. Ernest Whybrew, 4, Herts Wareside. Hope it helps! Tracey

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 23 Nov 2003 20:51

here you go this is the household you are looking for quite strangely there is a Susan Whybrew aged 36, i am presuming it is not Williams wife unless he had two living with him, so it could be his sister. regards, Siobhan William WHYBREW 76532870 13888770 52 52 1849 Essex St Saling Ware Hertfordshire Grocer & Beer Retailer Susan WHYBREW 36 1865 Essex St Bardfield Ware Hertfordshire Jane WHYBREW 31 1870 Essex St Bardfield Ware Hertfordshire Andrew WHYBREW 9 1892 Middesex Shepherds Bush Ware Hertfordshire Arthur WHYBREW 6 1895 Middesex Shepherds Bush Ware Hertfordshire Ernest WHYBREW 4 1897 Herts Wareside Ware Hertfordshire

Deborah

Deborah Report 23 Nov 2003 22:11

Hi Roger, Couldn't resist a sneaky look at the results!! Freebmd shows a marriage Sep 1890 for a William Whybrew. One of the 2 possible partners is Susan Alice Sams. Looks like Ellen died (no entry on freebmd tho') and William re-married. Only 3 Susan Whybrew in 1891, all too old. Regards Miss Marple!

Olgiza

Olgiza Report 24 Nov 2003 18:23

WELL, WELL, WELL....yes I,m shouting. My ancestors are worse than the current lot! Every twist and turn has found out something new. Thanks for the look-ups it was most appreciated and quite exciting, but now I have to do some checking but this is quite a breakthrough. You never know with a little bit more sleuthing by Miss Marples I may be able to claim Jonny Wilko as a half brother! Thanks for the help Roger in Eastbourne. By the way if you are looking for 'old' publicans www dot pubsindex dot freeserve dot co dot uk looks interesting