Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help to find a birth please.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

EllenL

EllenL Report 23 Nov 2003 00:20

I have a Leonard Parrick aged 6 born in Essex Walthamstow, according to the 1891 Census. I have searched the 1837 online and can't find his birth entry. Any suggestions as to what to do next. I have contacted a Parrick on this GC site that may be linked, however they haven't replied. Thank you from Ellen in West Australia.

Karen

Karen Report 23 Nov 2003 00:58

Hi Ellen Just a thought... have you tried searching for him under his mother's maiden name? Karen

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 23 Nov 2003 01:15

There's only an Albert Parrick aged 16 on the 1901 Census who was born in Pimlico and worked as a grocery porter in Chelsea. Did he die between 1891 and 1901? Alternatively, he may have used a different name from his birth name. Also, have you looked a few years either side of his age on the 1891 census?

Gen

Gen Report 23 Nov 2003 08:53

Hi Ellen, It is just a thought but could his name have been mistranscribed and is under Patrick, I only ask because I have been transcribing for FreeBMD and the Victorian writing leaves a lot to be desired and it is sometimes very difficult to decide what the letters really are, or is his age correct could he have been 16 or 6 months it is worth checking. Regards Gen Have you tried typing in Parrick genealogy, I just did and there are quite a few people researching the same name, good luck