Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Yorks Geography help please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Terence

Terence Report 20 Nov 2003 09:56

Does anyone know if the villages of Tong & Collingham in Yorksire are very close to each other. Terry

Sue

Sue Report 20 Nov 2003 10:04

Terry According to my map Tong is S-W and Collingham is N-E of Leeds. Sue

Terence

Terence Report 20 Nov 2003 10:08

Hi Sue I don't suppose you would know the approximate distance between the two places. Terry

Dave the Tyke

Dave the Tyke Report 20 Nov 2003 10:15

Two Tongs, one suburb of Leeds one of Bradford. Collingham is Leeds near Weatherby and distances between are similar I would guess at 10 miles

Sue

Sue Report 20 Nov 2003 10:17

Terry A very rough guess would be about 15 miles, but as the crow flies probably about 12. Sue

Sue

Sue Report 20 Nov 2003 10:19

The Bradford one is Tong Street on my map

Terence

Terence Report 20 Nov 2003 10:31

Many thanks for the info. Great help. Terry

Shirlock

Shirlock Report 20 Nov 2003 10:40

Hello Terry Good to see you back on track. Shirley

Terence

Terence Report 20 Nov 2003 10:53

Hiya Shirley :-) I'm still sifting through all that info you sent me. Will email you and let you know the results. Best wishes - Terry p.s. are the cows still in the field :-)

Dave the Tyke

Dave the Tyke Report 20 Nov 2003 13:40

Tong is a definate hamlet close to Bradford - BD4 postcode - tiny place with about 50 houses. The Leeds one is a collection of streets, groves and drives etc known locally as Tong and lies to the South of Bramley postcode LS28 and LS 12

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC)

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC) Report 20 Nov 2003 13:48

Greetings Again Terence....... Have you lost those maps already ?.....lol.

Terence

Terence Report 20 Nov 2003 16:05

Hi Mike Nope, I haven't lost those maps that you kindly sent me. They are somewhere in my ..... AHEM !..."filing system" Cheers - Terry