Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Police Orders Site

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Olgiza

Olgiza Report 19 Nov 2003 18:56

I have had loads iof problems finding a relative but a cert shows him as a policeman as does the 1881 census. I went to the Police orders site via the resourse centre and started the registration form. The instructions said that I would be given a user ID so when I came to the User ID BOX I left it blank (thinking they would fill it in). Wrong. The problem is that because I did it wrong I can't go back and put it right.....they have that written fairly and squarely in the not too small print. My Question... Does anyone have access to look up a long dead PC on this site? Roger, the old fool, Eastbourne

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC)

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC) Report 19 Nov 2003 19:14

Roger.... what name are you looking for ? I also need his number and was he in The MET ? as it has only the details of those in the London Met MIKE ( have access to site )

N

N Report 20 Nov 2003 09:26

Mike I am not sure whether is costs you anything to look a this site but if not can you find anymore about this person Isted Metropolitan police orders 1861 Tuesday 24th September PC507 fined a days pay and reprimand Thanks Nina

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC) Report 20 Nov 2003 11:41

Roger..... I've replied to you via your E-mail address Hope this will give you a lead....... Nina....... I'll have a look to see if I can come up with any more info other than what you have already. Nina...... Just had a look but nothing came up to match the info you gave me ....not even under his No. ???? The earliest date given was 1864 ????So not sure where you got the info ?

N

N Report 20 Nov 2003 12:47

Hello Mike I got the info from Londonancestor(.)com. Never mind I think the policeman I was looking for is more likely to be a 'policeman' on a railway as he is later listed as a railway porter. But if you find any info on these I' ll pass them onto the one-name ISTED reseacher. Thomas Winchester ISTED - warrant number 55873 Division 'V' joined 16 Sep 1872. William ISTED - warrant number 58122 Division 'D' joined 10 Aug 1874. Thanks for looking Nina

jmoonlabelle1@gmail.com

[email protected] Report 20 Nov 2003 12:57

is this just for around london or is it also for Hastings and Bexhill, Sussex please Jennifer

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC) Report 20 Nov 2003 13:12

Jennifer..... Police orders only covers the London Met .... any other counties you need to write to the County Headquarters you are interested in...... or look up to see if they do a Web link to details held for that County

Olgiza

Olgiza Report 20 Nov 2003 22:00

A public thanks for you time and effort Mike. Roger