Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

search Board

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Darren white

Darren white Report 18 Nov 2003 17:25

What we need on the message boards is the facility to search all the boards for threads that have been posted. That way if someone is looking for a certain thread it would be easier to find it. It could also stop threads getting repeated, and make the ofters of look-ups easier to get track off. What do you think?

Carol

Carol Report 18 Nov 2003 17:29

Good idea. A choice of search on either keywords or user name would be good. How many of us think to note the thread number.

Darren white

Darren white Report 18 Nov 2003 17:36

Yeah, keyword search is what I was thinking. Just saves searching the boards after you lose track of the thread you want

Janet

Janet Report 18 Nov 2003 21:26

Carol What thread number? am I missing something? Janet

Andrea

Andrea Report 18 Nov 2003 21:30

Janet, if you look in your search engine bar when you are in a message, it will tell you the number of the message then you can find it again if you want it again by typing it all in. Darren We have already asked for a search facility but I think it was either a "to be done in the future" or a "we are not intending to do this at present" type response that was received from GC. I once posted a note on the boards about it as I think it would be a great help when looking for something in particular, especially if you are trying to keep track of a message but don't come on for a couple of days. The boards move too fast to keep track unless you are on several times a day, every day. I guess we will have to keep pestering!

*ღ*Dee in Bexleyheath*ღ*

*ღ*Dee in Bexleyheath*ღ* Report 18 Nov 2003 22:07

Good idea!!! I have just looked up batch numbers trying to find siblings of Longhurst family but when I returned to the Board couldn't find the thread anywhere!! Spent an hour searching! I know I should have noted down details of person who made the query, and I will in future! Grrrrrrrrrrr! update - 23.57 -Hooray!!!! I just found it!!

Janet

Janet Report 18 Nov 2003 22:23

I asked if we could have a Go to Message # box, and they are thinking about that too. Jan.