Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can some one do an 1891 look-up for me please?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 18 Nov 2003 14:39

Hi, would some one do a look-up for me on the 1891 census please. Katherine Huebscher. Born in Germany census place London I`ve found her on the 1901 census named Kate. Also as its a german surname it might be written Hübscher if written by hand.The German spelling. I`m sorry if this sounds a bit complicated but i`m really stuck on this rellie and am trying to find out when she came to England. Thank you to all willing to help, Julie

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 18 Nov 2003 14:48

Hi Have found 1 female but, A Hubscer age 68, could this be her? Lynda

Julie

Julie Report 18 Nov 2003 18:32

Hi Lynda, I don`t think this can be my Katherine Huebscher as she had my grandfather in 1905 when she was 35. But thanks for looking anyway. Julie

Andrea

Andrea Report 18 Nov 2003 21:19

Have done a search on 1891 for you and tried as many variations of the name (both first and last) that I can think of. The closest I can come up with are:- Catherine Barbara Hubscher. No year of birth though. Father Mattheis Hubscher, Mother Barbara Dofler. Also Catharina Hubscher. Father Mattheis Hubscher but Mother is Marie Dieber this time. This one gives the birth place as Sollengen, Wurttemberg, Germany. These are not from the census records but from entries on the "World Family Tree". I think I would be able to contact the people that entered the info if you think either of these are the right one. There seem to be a few Catherine Hubschers but all with french connections - either born in France or with french sounding spouses??? Please email me direct if you want more help.