Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

confused by death reg

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

gill (Beverley)

gill (Beverley) Report 17 Nov 2003 22:13

hi on my mothers birth certificate i found my grandfathers name was robert gibson. i was then advised to check the death register and i found 3 robert gibsons from liverpool who were also born there. how do i now find out which one of these was my grandfather so i can continue with my tree. i cant ask my family because i was adopted so can only find info by what i find when searching. thanks gill xx

Carol

Carol Report 17 Nov 2003 22:18

Your mother`s birth certificate will also give you her mothers maiden name, so could you try finding their marriage. On the marriage certificate, you should find his age when married, so if his death was late enough, age when died is on the index, so you should be able to tally it up from that. Hope that makes sense

gill (Beverley)

gill (Beverley) Report 17 Nov 2003 23:21

thanks i have looked up the marraige and will send off for certificate. gill xx