Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Please, could someone tell me where to look next.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 16 Nov 2003 22:37

please see below

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 16 Nov 2003 22:44

I know i have asked for help before with these guys but I am hoping someone out there can point me in the right direction. My gt gt grandfather, James Charles Theobalds Buddell was born 1858 at 7 Gt Quebec St, Marylebone (I have cert) to James Buddell and Sarah Theobalds. He turns up on the 1861, age 2, as a visitor in Kentish Town, but as Charles James Buddell. Then he vanishes until 1881, when he reappears married to Jane and has a daughter Jessie, and is a milkman. But it is his parents that are baffling me. They are nowhere to be found on any census. How can I find out where they came from or where they went to. Any suggestions would be really helpful, as I am at a total loss of where to look. Thanks everyone Kim

Carol

Carol Report 16 Nov 2003 22:49

Have you tried to find his parents` marriage?

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 16 Nov 2003 22:55

Carol, I have tried 1837, from 1840 to 1860, and bmd with no luck. Found a death for James Charles Buddell (Gravesend) but that was not mine, unless he was a bigamist! as the wife was Kathrine, and found a death for Sarah Buddell 1900 (Newton Abbott) but she was a spinster. Kim

Deborah

Deborah Report 16 Nov 2003 23:41

Hi Kim, I have found a James W Biddle age 70, and wife Sarah age 66 in Lambeth on 1891 census. James is a Licensed Victualler. Also have your James C & Jane, now with 6 children. If you don't already have the info, will post it for you. Let me know Debbie

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 17 Nov 2003 14:10

Debbie, Thanks for looking for me. The James W Biddle doesn't fit in as my James (the 1st!) was a Gentlemens Coachman (could not find who he worked for either), but why have him & Sarah never been on any census? and where do I even start looking for them? But the 1891 for James C & Jane would love to get as we have only ever known of 5 children. Thanks again, you have been brill. Kim