Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The name 'Morseli'

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sarah

Sarah Report 16 Nov 2003 20:58

My great grandfather was called Henry Morseli Robson. No one in my family knows the origins of this name - as far as we know, his parents were both from Bedale in Yorkshire. My grandfather always said that he was part Spanish but I can't find any references to this name in a Spanish names dictionary. Can anyone help?? He also had a younger sister called Alven - again an untraceable name. Everyone else in the family (the other four brothers and sisters) were called something ordinary. Thanks, Sarah

Helen

Helen Report 16 Nov 2003 21:44

Been looking on the LDS website and can't find trace of Morseli used as a first or surname either in Britain or Europe. There are several variations on females called Alven including Alvena, Elven, Elvin, Elvyn and Alwine. On FreeBMD there are some Alvens but they appear to be males and the female version is Alvena or Alvenia.

Ellen

Ellen Report 17 Nov 2003 07:05

There is a reference to it on a search engine but it is a surname. Looks like it is spanish. Regards Helena