Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

FreeCen

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Katie

Katie Report 15 Nov 2003 19:36

Each time I search FreeCen all I get is a blank page instead of results - no 'no results' even. Is this what everyone else gets or is it just me? Thanks, -Kat

Janet

Janet Report 15 Nov 2003 19:47

Katrina I've just tried, and it appears that the site was last updated .....TODAY! However, when I search, I get the message, 'Sorry, we found no matches' How strange that you don't get this? Janet East Northamptonshire

Katie

Katie Report 15 Nov 2003 20:09

Thanks Janet - it is odd, I have never had problems before so don't know why it is not showing up now. Take Care, -Kat

Debbie

Debbie Report 15 Nov 2003 21:33

Hi Could you please let me know the full website address for FreeCen as I can't seem to find it anywhere. Sounds like it could be interesting (if its working now!!!) Regards Debbie

Katie

Katie Report 15 Nov 2003 22:06

Hi, http://freecen(.)rootsweb(.)com/ Just remove the brackets. Only a few counties are online but it's a good one to file away for later use! -Kat

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 16 Nov 2003 09:34

Iv just tried to search for any 'HURST' in 1861 and 1871,,,, then for 'Jane Hurst' no matches ....I cant believe that there arent any at all..

Ann L from Darlo

Ann L from Darlo Report 16 Nov 2003 10:32

Hi there they are crying out for Transcribers for Free cen i am in the process of doing some for them it's easy and they are very helpful, so why not come and join us. Ann,Darlington

BobClayton

BobClayton Report 16 Nov 2003 10:45

It's still in development. The search page is set up for the the final database. I think they are targeting the 1891 first. So we have to be patient and help if possible. Bob