Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

First name Tameon?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Katwin

Katwin Report 15 Nov 2003 12:46

Has anyone come across the name of Tameon in their research. I have a Tameon Henry age 16 in 1861. Can't find much about the name on Google, except something about a pet monster!! Perhaps it was a mistake. Can anyone help, please? Kathy

Paul

Paul Report 15 Nov 2003 13:00

It could be a variant of Damian (and its many spellings) Have you tried FreeBMD Paul

Katwin

Katwin Report 15 Nov 2003 13:12

Paul It does sound like Damian - perhaps the enumerator misheard it and the parents were illiterate. Though it definitely says Tameon on the 1861 census page. Kathy

Helen

Helen Report 15 Nov 2003 13:29

Try sticking it in FreeBMD and see if any others come up.

Katwin

Katwin Report 15 Nov 2003 15:28

There was only one other on the whole of the BMD - a death of a Tameon Brenton in St Austell.

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Nov 2003 16:51

Hi Kathleen, I've just posted details of the name Tameon on the Mahalah thread - I didn't see yours till now! Tameon (according to my Search Engine) is the place in the Old Testament Temple where the treasures were stored. Hope this helps! Eleanor xx

Keith

Keith Report 15 Nov 2003 20:01

Kathleen. It could well be Tameon there seems to have been a West Country habit of using obscure biblical references as names. Good luck. Keith

Katwin

Katwin Report 16 Nov 2003 17:02

Anthony and Keith Many thanks for your replies. I thought perhaps the enumerator had misheard Damian, but I think your explanations are better. Kathy