Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Where do I start? Help please.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Michael

Michael Report 10 Nov 2003 13:40

I am a complete beginner. I was adopted in 1960 and wish to trace my blood relatives - where do I start please?

Dawn

Dawn Report 10 Nov 2003 14:00

Hello Michael Welcome to the site. There are some very helpful resourses available, and there are people who will be able to advise you who belong to GC. I don't know of who offhand, but be sure you will get some helpful hints on here. Good luck with your search from a fellow GC member. Sarah. P.S. if you have any idea of a surname you could put it on the 'Trying to Find' Board.

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Nov 2003 14:16

Hi Michael, Welcome to Genes Connected. I can suggest www.myfolks . co.uk. They are very experienced in reuniting friends and families and have helped reunite quite a few members of GC. Joan and Debby are very dedicated in what they do. They have a very high and very quick success rate. There is also have a message board on there and quite a few links on their site to various other message boards. I wish you success in your search. Regards Margaret

Dawn

Dawn Report 10 Nov 2003 21:29

nudge!

Dawn

Dawn Report 12 Nov 2003 09:49

Just giving this a 'nudge'. Mick has e-mailed me to ask how to do this. Is there anybody who can advise him on-line at the moment? Regards Sarah.

Paul

Paul Report 12 Nov 2003 10:16

Do you know what name your birth was registered as? Have you thought about finding your birth on the St Catherine's Index? If you find it, that should tell you the name & address of your parents, and the place of birth. P

Loz From Leices

Loz From Leices Report 12 Nov 2003 14:40

Hi Michael I've sent an email as I was talking to joan this morning All the best Lorraine

Anna

Anna Report 12 Nov 2003 16:57

Michael, I too was adopted in 1952 and during the past year have been probing my past. You may by now have got the info to get you started on your search but if not ,email me and I will point you in the right direction. Be prepared for a long and tedious struggle to find out anything!! Carol