Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1930 Census San Francisco

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cathy

Cathy Report 8 Nov 2003 11:08

Is there anywhere on the net that I can look at this for free? or could someone, please do a look up for me and find out where and who was living with Edward S Rogers would be aged 53/54 born Manchester England. Thanks, Cathy

Cathy

Cathy Report 8 Nov 2003 20:11

Apols if I put this on the wrong board. Cathy

Emma

Emma Report 8 Nov 2003 20:47

Hi Catherine, There's one Edward Rogers born England living in San Francisco on 1930 census: Edward Rogers head age: 56 married born: England Father born: England Mother born: England occupation: S?man, ?Pacific Frances Rogers wife age: 57 married Born: Missouri Father born: England Mother born: England Edward Rogers son age: 24 single Born: England Father born: England Mother born: Missouri occupation: office ? Pacific T626_195, page 7A, ED 27, Img 0014 San Francisco, San Francisco, California Emma.

Roseanne

Roseanne Report 8 Nov 2003 23:34

Hi Emma Can you please advice me where I can find the 1850 census for america. Thank you Roseanne

Emma

Emma Report 9 Nov 2003 00:13

Hi Roseanne, The 1850 census in online at ancestry(.)com. Subscription required to view the schedules. I have a subscription so if you'd like a look up, let me know.

Cathy

Cathy Report 9 Nov 2003 07:21

Thanks Lucy That's him, thank you, I was hoping his daughter Margaret was living with him. She may have married by 1930 to a Mr Ellicott or Ellacott don't know his first name. Cathy

Roseanne

Roseanne Report 9 Nov 2003 10:47

Thank you Helena Fleming was born in 1865 in new orleans or new york - two different areas from place of birth on two censuses. Helena's father was called frederick francis fleming and mother ellen fleming - I do not know if they would be on the 1850 or 1860; the 1860 would possibly be more likely. Ellen and Frederick came from england. Thank you Roseanne

Emma

Emma Report 9 Nov 2003 11:13

Roseanne, Sorry no sign of your Flemings on either the 1860 or 1850 census. Emma.

Emma

Emma Report 9 Nov 2003 11:51

Catherine, I'm sorry I can't find a Margaret Ellicott or Ellacott. Emma.

Roseanne

Roseanne Report 9 Nov 2003 14:03

Thank you Emma for searching for the flemings Roseanne

Roseanne

Roseanne Report 9 Nov 2003 14:05

Hi Emma Is the american census you have been searching on all america? If it is not too much trouble could you please check the 1870. Thank you Roseanne

Cathy

Cathy Report 9 Nov 2003 16:21

Hi Lucy, Thanks for looking for Margaret for me. If you get chance could you try perhaps Ellacot with one T. Been to see my Gt Auntie this afternoon who remembers that they came over to England for a visit in 1929 Margaret was married by then and they had a young son. My Auntie can't remember their forenames but is certain about the surname. Margaret was born in England in 1900 and would have been my Gt Aunties cousin. Would very much appreciate any information, hope you don't mind me adding another request to this. Thanks, Cathy