Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

cant find a marriage,please help!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 6 Nov 2003 17:03

im trying to find the marriage of william haydon and martha?? they were both from chesham,bucks. william was born in feb 1828 and in the 1881 census he was married to martha.william was 53 and martha was 57 to complicate things even more in 1891 census william was married to annie(nee slade) by then he was 63 and annie was 23. william and annie are the grandparents of my 84yr old neighbour.they went on to have 3 children,but in 1901 there was just annie and her kiddies. are you confused cos i am. please can you help susie

Elisabeth

Elisabeth Report 6 Nov 2003 17:11

Sorry Susie, Can't help on this one! I don't think our Library goes that far! Elisabeth

Anna

Anna Report 6 Nov 2003 17:26

hello Susan Theres a marriage on freebmd of William Haydon in amersham in the jun quarter of 1877 but there is no spouses name. 3a 582 I looked on 1837 online but there is no spouses name there either. I dont know if this is him though as he would of been in his 50s when getting married? marriage mar qtr 1891 William Haydon to Annie Slade? 3a 748 Theres a death of William Haydon in Amersham Sept qtr of 1898 aged 70 3a 461 Anna

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 6 Nov 2003 17:38

there is this one for william and annie. No luck on martha yet though -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Marriages Mar 1891 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- HAYDON William Amersham 3a 748 Kingston Frederick Amersham 3a 748 Slade Annie Amersham 3a 748 Snapes Fanny Louisa Amersham 3a 748

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 6 Nov 2003 17:42

is martha short for anything

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 6 Nov 2003 17:43

found this Marriages Mar 1841 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Haydon William Bicester 16 35 King Elizabeth Bicester 16 35

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 6 Nov 2003 18:03

thankyou for your replies.i will follow them up. elisabeth i dont think they travelled to newark cos my neighbour was born in wycombe...lol susie

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 6 Nov 2003 18:05

can't find no marriage for martha and william, but I found this birth MARTHA ALCES Female -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Event(s): Birth: MAY 1824 Christening: 04 MAY 1824 High Street Independent, Chesham, Buckingham, England Death: Burial: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Parents: Father: THOMAS ALCES Family Mother: MARGARET SHEPHERDLY

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 6 Nov 2003 18:11

siobhan thats the martha im looking for,thankyou.now i know her surname i can start another branch on my neighbours tree,even though she wasnt his gran she was his gramps first wife,if that makes sense...lol susie