Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for a book

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 6 Nov 2003 14:06

Looking for a good book to record my search manually. Have come across lots of books that tell you how to research but can't find one that gives you lots of pages and guides you though to recording details with pen and paper.(brought my sister one about 7 years ago , so know they exist)

Aileen

Aileen Report 6 Nov 2003 14:37

I shall keep looking for any replies to your message because I'd love one too. I've just started my tree and have got everything on computer. A book would be much easier to check through! Regards, Aileen

Helen

Helen Report 6 Nov 2003 16:01

What a brilliant idea! Please keep us posted if you find one - I might go and enquire in Hammicks or WhSmiths next time I go to town as I know they can look up and order via computer. Best wishes Helen

Unknown

Unknown Report 6 Nov 2003 16:13

I have a book called "The Family Record", in the centre pages there is a chart printed, your name goes in the middle and then your fathers family one way , your mothers family the other. Each space for a name corresonds to a page where you record individuals details. I brought it for £3.50 at a family history fair in Crawley off a book stall. It is published by the Aberdeen & North-East Scotland Family History Soc. It may still be available at fairs or other outlets. Kim

Shirlock

Shirlock Report 6 Nov 2003 16:44

Hello I have a little book called Our family history. Published by Robert Frederick Ltd 1996 Old Orchard Street Bath BA1 1JU. (Montague House Edition) with Monet's Garden on the cover. It has Husband and wifes Ancestral chart up to GGGGrandparents, with some lovely little pictures in and room for some small photos. They make such personal and sweet Christmas presents for family members. I purchased them very recently for about £2.99 each. I hope they are still in print. Shirley

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 6 Nov 2003 18:34

Check out genealogyprinters(.) com plenty of charts.book and other stuff Kathleen