Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Census decoder help please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Twinkle

Twinkle Report 5 Nov 2003 20:38

I have downloaded and installed everything, but when I try click 'process search' it says 'Nothing was found on this page. Are you sure you are on the PRO search page?'. Yes I am, I'm looking at the list of results! What do I do?

Crista

Crista Report 5 Nov 2003 20:43

Kathryn, You need to search using the links on the left - just like the Pro site. You click "Process Search" once you have results on the page. Crista

Twinkle

Twinkle Report 5 Nov 2003 20:45

I've tried that, but I'm still getting the same message.

Crista

Crista Report 5 Nov 2003 20:52

Try emailing the Help forum. Someone else had the same problem. Unfortunately, this answer doesn't help much. http://www.lancslist(.)com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3247 Crista

BobClayton

BobClayton Report 5 Nov 2003 21:04

Kathryn. After "process search" are you then clicking "show results" (this should take you to a bare looking spreadsheet with the names on.)

Thomas

Thomas Report 5 Nov 2003 22:59

Hi Kath, I had exactly the same result when first installing decoder. I'd downloaded into D on my drive as I was tight for space on C, eventually put it in C and it worked fine. Regards, Tony.

Unknown

Unknown Report 6 Nov 2003 13:16

Hi, I had the same problem. I downloaded it a few times and was still having problems. In the end I tried it on my sons computer. It worked fine. My sons computer has a differant anti virus than mine so I downloaded again but turned the anti virus off during the download and it works fine now. Hope you get it sorted. Jo

BobClayton

BobClayton Report 6 Nov 2003 14:43

Kathryn Ifyou are still stuck then you can e-mail the creators at supportatcensusdecoder(.)com(.) let us know how you get on!

Twinkle

Twinkle Report 6 Nov 2003 19:07

I checked the help forum, it would seem the administrator believes it is a problem with the user's computer. Unfortunately, this is a university computer, not mine, and so I can't tinker with it too much. I have tried on two or three different computers with the same results (should that be 'no result'?!). It looks like I just won't be able to use it.