Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Mytrees.com

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gigi

Gigi Report 5 Nov 2003 08:21

Hello, I found that on this site it is possible to search the 1851 UK census. Of course you have to pay! Has anyone subscribed and used this service?? Gillian

Ann

Ann Report 5 Nov 2003 11:09

Gillian, I think it says that just 3% of the 1851 is available for searching. So I wouldn't subscribe if just for this. Ann

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Nov 2003 11:46

Hi, you can get a free months subsription if you put in some of your family tree "Submitting your family tree with a minimum of 15 families and 60 individuals gives you a free month of subscription services as an active, paid-up account. You can get up to four free months of subscription services depending on how many names are in your submitted family tree. This is a one time offer only, so submit your largest family tree. This offer does not apply to subsequent submissions. "

Gigi

Gigi Report 5 Nov 2003 12:30

Thanks Ann & Joanne. Gillian

Annie in

Annie in Report 5 Nov 2003 16:06

You can earn free subscription time by transcribing.Just click on extraction project and it will tell you how. It's very easy and takes only minutes to earn an hours worth.

Penny

Penny Report 5 Nov 2003 18:55

Are there particular area's covered on the census. If there's only 3% knowing my luck it won't be the districts I'm interested in. Has anyone found an ancestor on here yet? Penny