Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry.co.uk looks different

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Janet

Janet Report 4 Nov 2003 23:33

Just done a look up, and the index is completely different. Not sure yet whether or not its an improvement - wonder if I'll now find my long lost relatives there. Jan.

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 4 Nov 2003 23:44

Hi Jan & Rosemary Just had a quick look and I think it seems much better, easier to see the details without going on the census form. Like it. Lynda

Carol

Carol Report 5 Nov 2003 00:13

It is easier to read when it is tabled like that. And you get more to the page with not so many click throughs. I tried with one of my names and got a legible image. Must have been lucky.

Margaret

Margaret Report 5 Nov 2003 11:33

Has anyone managed to get an image to load yet? Everytime I click on image I get "this page cannot be displayed" Margaret

Emma

Emma Report 5 Nov 2003 12:31

I've managed to get the census images to load but I've never managed to get the Pallot's marriage images to. Has anyone else had this problem? Emma.

Emma

Emma Report 5 Nov 2003 12:33

Would you believe it??!!! I just tried again and it did it this time!! Emma.

Janet

Janet Report 5 Nov 2003 13:49

I had not problems with it yesterday, I found the people I was looking for and was able to read the sheet. Jan