Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Crista,re Bracchi's

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sinead

Sinead Report 4 Nov 2003 18:02

Hi Crista, Here is the start of the info.I went to Lethyr-Ddu/Trealaw Cemetery today and have located the following:- Francesca Bracchi widow died at 13,Llwynypia Road,Tonypandy on 29 Dec 1940 aged 85. Signature on birial details was her daughter Maria Bracchi. Grave number A429 Maria Bracchi is the mother of Teresa who runs Bracchi's in Tonypandy today. I think Maria Bracchi married a Melardi but as yet cannot confirm this.It started to rain so I could not go to the Melardi grave which is also at Trealaw and have not been to speak to Teresa yet but I willsoon. The rest of the Bracchi's were not there but may be at oher local cemeterys-Treorchy,Glyntaff,Aberdare or Merthyr.I will check those out during the next couple of days and get back to you. Hope this is of some use to you and your friend, Sinead

Sinead

Sinead Report 4 Nov 2003 20:15

Hi Crista, A little bit more info for you. Francesco Bracchi born 1910 died 1965 aged 55 buried at Penrhys Cemetery in the Rhondda, burial number 7038. Not quite sure whose child or whose wife as yet but will suss it out!! The Francesca Bracchi from the above message may well be the wife of one of the Bracchi children-Guiseppe or Giovanni. Drips of info I know, but it will all come together in the end. Sinead

Crista

Crista Report 4 Nov 2003 20:24

Hi Sinead, Thanks for all this. Hope you didn't get too wet. Crista

Sinead

Sinead Report 4 Nov 2003 20:34

Hi Crista, No just a bit soggy. Have got some GRO references also FRANCISCO BRACCHI 1895 death Pontypridd quarter March, vol 11a, p370 the following births all in Merthyr Tydfil:- IRENA BRACCHI 1897 quarter March,vol 11a, p787 GUISEPPE BRACCHI 1899 quarter March.vol 11a,p752 GIOVANNI BRACCHI 1900 quarter June,vol 11a,p791 TERESA BRACCHI 1904 quarter Dec,vol 11a,p855 FRANCESCO BRACCHI 1906 quarter June,vol 11a,p853 Not a bad start!!! Sinead

Crista

Crista Report 4 Nov 2003 21:06

Sinead, Thanks for the GRO references. Irena, Guiseppe and Giovanni are listed with Giacomo and Catherine in the 1901 census. There's also a Luigi who was born in Chicago. Crista

Sinead

Sinead Report 4 Nov 2003 22:03

Hi Crista, There are quite a few in Wales and also in Liverpool- go to ancestry type in Bracchi and go to the civil registration section and it will list them.Being such a rare surname in the UK I come to the conclusion that they must all be related and intertwined somehow- the fun now arises from determining how!!!! Sinead