Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How to link trees?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Georgina

Georgina Report 4 Nov 2003 07:47

I have recently deleted my tree and uploaded my gedcom, but have lost links to other trees. Can anyone tell me how to do it? Last time I tried this it was in the your contacts section Thanks!

Deborah

Deborah Report 4 Nov 2003 09:12

Hi Georgina, It still is, but I've been to my contacts to check, and some names have the 'link' to your tree option, and some don't?! I'm not sure why. Maybe you should e-mail 'Support' and ask for a fuller explanation of how the 'link' facility works. Debbie

Patricia

Patricia Report 4 Nov 2003 09:30

I notice on my tree that the circles next to a person's name that denoted a link to another tree are no longer there. Has anyone else noticed this? Also, only one of my recent contacts has the option to add a link. Did I blink & miss something ? Pat

Deborah

Deborah Report 4 Nov 2003 09:49

Hi Patricia, I've still got my 'circles' to show I'm linked, but the link option doesn't seem to be appearing on come of the contacts. I wonder why? Debbie

Patricia

Patricia Report 4 Nov 2003 10:44

Debbie I have e mailed Support to ask about it. I wonder if it because the other people are not "full members". My cousin was linked & he used to view my tree without being a full member. When he tried at the weekend, after a long absence, he was denied access unless he paid the subscription. That is the only explanation I can think of, that they have changed the rules. Watch this space! Pat