Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HELP STARTING OUT

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

gill (Beverley)

gill (Beverley) Report 1 Nov 2003 20:31

HI I HAVE SPENT HOURS AND HOURS TRYING TO WORK OUT HOW TO START MY RESEARCH. I HAVE JUST SPENT 1 HOUR LOOKING THROUGH THESE MESSAGES AND HAVE LEARNT MORE THAN I DID OFF ANY OTHER SEARCHES. THANK YOU EVERYONE. I AM TRYING TO TRACE MY BIRTH RELATIVES. I HAVE MY BIRTH MOTHERS NAME(MURIEL GIBSON) FROM LIVERPOOL AND HER MOTHERS MAIDEN NAME (WILSON). SEARCHED 1837 FOR A MARRAIGE FOR MURIEL. GOT SOME ENTRIES WITH HER NAME BUT DIFFERENT AREAS, HOW DO I KNOW WHICH ARE WORTH CHECKING OUT? ALSO ANY IDEAS ON HOW I PROGRESS NOW AS I ONLY HAVE GRANDMOTHERS MAIDEN NAME. XX

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 1 Nov 2003 20:38

Beverley Have you tried looking on Friends Reunited to start? If not, it's worth a look and it's free. Good luck. Lynda

Tricia

Tricia Report 1 Nov 2003 20:40

If you send for you mother's marriage certificate, that will give you the name and occupation of her father . Then her birth certificate will give you more information on her mother and where she was born. Tricia