Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Descendants of Hartley/Plant/Atkinson/Clifford

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ruth

Ruth Report 30 Oct 2003 22:15

Hi. My grandfather John William HARTLEY was the youngest of cour. He was born in Knaresborough in 1880 and had three sisters - Caroline, Maria and Sarah - all born in Scarborough. Caroline married Arthur PLANT and lived in York and had at least three children - William, Ethel and Kathleen. The 1901 show them living in Willis St. My late mother told me Maria's married name was Atkinson and they lived in Middlesborough. Sarah's married name was Clifford and in 1914 they lived in Huntington Street, Hull. Sarah had three children, Ruth Maria, Robert Reed and Albert. I would dearly love to make contact with any descendants so that we can keep the line open and hopefuly share any information about our ancestors. I have traced the Hartley line back to 1775 and would be happy to share this. Look forward to hearing from you. Ruth

Gale

Gale Report 5 Aug 2004 21:09

very interested in 'hartley' and what u were able to find..wld u please be willing to share what u found please..my nan was a hartley before she married and i am trying to search back..thank you gale [email protected]

Crista

Crista Report 5 Aug 2004 21:16

Ruth, Your best bet is to add all these names to your tree so someone can make a match. I notice you only have 16 names in your tree so far. Crista