Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1891 Census Look up please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

We're all crazy now

We're all crazy now Report 29 Oct 2003 14:27

see below

We're all crazy now

We're all crazy now Report 29 Oct 2003 14:30

Please could someone look up the following for me on the 1891 census. Emma Perram aged 57 (could be Jane Emma Perram) John Perram (or Jack) aged 3 Albert Perram aged 1 Possibly living in Camberwell or Lambeth. I have found them in 1901 but just cannot find them in 1881. Many thanks Jeannie in Spain

Carol in Rochester, New York

Carol in Rochester, New York Report 29 Oct 2003 14:38

Hi , I found a Perram family living at 6 Anenue Cottages in North Camerwqell. John, Head, "Karen" ? wife, Emma 15, John 13 and Albert 12. Hope this helps. Regards, Carol

We're all crazy now

We're all crazy now Report 29 Oct 2003 14:43

Thanks Carol That's very interesting, would you mind telling where they were born and what the father did for an occupation. Thanks very much Jeannie

Carol in Rochester, New York Report 29 Oct 2003 14:56

Hi again, John was a house-painter, born in Camberwell. The wife was born in what looks like Walworth, London. Emma, also born in Camberwell was a domestic servant. Their address by the way should have read Avenue Cottages. Carol

We're all crazy now

We're all crazy now Report 29 Oct 2003 14:58

Thanks again Carol, it sounds like them apart from the Karen part! Jeannie

Carol in Rochester, New York Report 29 Oct 2003 15:10

Jeannie, I went back and looked at the census again. Between my daughter and I, we finally decided that the wifes name was also Emma. Does this make more sense?

We're all crazy now

We're all crazy now Report 29 Oct 2003 15:15

Yes!!! Thank you so much. I just wish I could find them on 1881 but the LDS site has all sorts of funny spellings for this name but none seem to fit. Thanks again. Jeannie