Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Searching for a death

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sandra

Sandra Report 27 Oct 2003 14:39

Can anyone please suggest how to narrow down a search for a death? I have a 24 year period for my great grandad and I've looked at a few years on 1837, but there are so many pages, and I've already looked through 55 of them! Thanks for replies. Thomas Gamble, born South Clifton, Notts in 1859/60. On 1881 and 1901 census. He is on my grandma's marriage cert as William Thomas(deceased). 1901 census address is 55 Vernon Road, Aylestone, Leicester, and as my grandma lived there until her death that would be his last address. My mother is the only person I can ask and she doesn't recall anything about him.Have searched 1901-1905 and 1918-1924.

Penny

Penny Report 27 Oct 2003 14:46

What year period are you looking at? Have you tried FREEBMD. If you want to post the details that you know I'm sure you'll have a few suggestions. Penny

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 27 Oct 2003 14:48

Have you tried free bmd? Or try asking family members what they remember of him. Sometimes people pinpointing events can determine when he was alive Do you know his birthdate? e