Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

something nice!!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 27 Oct 2003 01:15

We've not been on line much in the last 7 days as my husband Tony was knocked off his motorbike on his way to work on Monday morning (not his fault!!) and suffered a badly broken leg!! That's not very nice I hear you say! But wait!! On Monday night after I'd got back from seeing him safely into his hospital bed, coming home and getting the children fed and put to bed, I sent emails to his newly found (thanks to this site!) half sister, uncle and cousins, telling his tale of woe! (Tony was put into care at birth and never knew any of his family until 2 months ago. ) I had replies from each of them the following morning sending their love and within 48 hours he had received cards and getwell presents from them too! I can't tell you what that meant to him (well I can sort of!) - it made him feel cared for and special and wanted by people other than my family and our children. Anyway, he's home now, in plaster with crutches and very grumpy - but at least he's safe. See, told you it was nice!!! It's good to be back on the boards! Eleanor xx

Carol

Carol Report 27 Oct 2003 01:20

I know what it is like to be on crutches, hope it mends soon.

Janet

Janet Report 27 Oct 2003 02:33

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Tony and pleased to hear things are working out well in the new family department. Janet PS. Don't let him run you ragged Eleanor - make sure you have enough time for the boards !!!!!!!

Kate

Kate Report 27 Oct 2003 03:03

Best wishes Tony for a speedy recovery...hope you continue to make good progress and that you are up and about real soon... You take care too..Eleanor..get rested whenever you can... Kate

Unknown

Unknown Report 27 Oct 2003 04:47

Tony and Eleanor - sorry about your leg Tony - thats a BAD break, but - having contact with family - thats a LUCKY break.

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 27 Oct 2003 05:58

Take it easy tony,,,,hope it doesnt gett too itchy under that cast,!!

Unknown

Unknown Report 27 Oct 2003 07:41

What a lovely story to start a Monday morning off :o)) Get better soon Tony. Regards Margaret

Linda & Tim

Linda & Tim Report 27 Oct 2003 08:31

Get well soon... and, Tony, just think about how much extra time you'll have during the next few weeks to spend on your research - and talking to all of us, of course! If you get bored, I'm sure we can all help to keep you busy!

Yvette

Yvette Report 27 Oct 2003 08:38

Sorry to hear of your accident Tony, but its true what they say.....out of every disaster comes a little sunshine! I am pleased you have had such a positive response from your newly found family. What you need now is for us all to send you a computer message/ signature for your cast, lol Eleanor hope you dont get too worn out with all the extra work, i know what its like, had a similar situation with my exhusband many years ago..........boy was i pleased when he was up and mobile again, lol!! Regards Yvette

Unknown

Unknown Report 27 Oct 2003 12:14

Good afternoon all! Thank you all for you good wishes! I've just printed off the page so I can take it down to the poor wounded soldier! It's sure to raise his spirits to know so many of you are wishing him well. I wonder whether any of you can think of clever/funny genealogical comments to write on his cast?!!!!! At the moment it's a blank canvas, he's not even let the children at it yet!! It's a very posh blue cast don't you know!!! We'll have to catch him while he's having forty winks if we're going to attack it! Thanks again - and don't worry, I'll find time for the boards even if it's in the middle of the night! Love Eleanor xx

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Oct 2003 11:32

Hello again! Tony was very grateful to all of those who wished him well, so thank you from Tony!! He wanted to make sure that his thanks were properly recorded!! We still haven't managed to get at his cast yet - plotting and scheming is on the cards! Not sure about this page numbering lark, but at least they've taken out the double line spacing on later pages so more messages fit on a page! Bye for now Eleanor xx

BrianW

BrianW Report 28 Oct 2003 12:45

Best wishes Tony: bad luck. I use a bike for 40 miles each way from Essex to London (by the Post Office Tower) each day and appreciate how narrow is the margin between safety and disaster. Here's hoping you have a speedy and uncomplicated recovery.

Maxine

Maxine Report 28 Oct 2003 13:03

What a fantastic story! I'm sorry sorry to hear that Tony has broken his leg, but it's wonderful to hear how his new family have rallied round. Please pass on my best wishes Maxine

Amanda

Amanda Report 28 Oct 2003 15:33

To Tony, I share your pain and discomfort, because I am also in a cast right now (left leg). My story is a little different, I fell down the stairs in my house, carrying my 18 mth old son at the time, he was fine, I however ended up breaking both bones in my leg where they join with my foot and also shattered a bone in my ankle. This all happened 18 months ago, since then have had 3 surgeries to put this right, the last one only 2 weeks ago. Hope this is the last one now, anyhow I don't want to dampen your spirits just wanted to say hi and get well soon. I am so happy you found your family a lovely story. To Eleanor, I hope you have the patience of a saint through Tonys recovery, my husbands patience is wearing thin. I love him to bits but his has put up with a lot looking after me and our 3 year old son. Take Care. Amanda :)

BrianW

BrianW Report 28 Oct 2003 15:49

Amanda At least you know you have a real bouncy baby boy ! ;-))

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Oct 2003 18:56

Hi again! I'm printing off these latest messages for Tony, and I know he will want me to thank you all for your knid words!!! Amanda!! What a disaster! I fell downstairs once whilst holding a pot of goldfish food and was so desperate to not drop it and spill it everywhere that I went from top to bottom without stopping and banged my head!!! Not quite so precious a cargo as your son I know and nowhere near as bad an injury!!!! I hope for your (and your husbands!!!) sake it's nearly all done for you now! He really must have the patience of a saint as mine's wearing thin already!! I have to try though as in the last few years Tony has done his fair share of nursing when I had thrombosis, pulmonary embolisms (all thanks to the birth of our youngest Josh!!) and then I had cellulitus and had to keep my leg up for a few weeks again!!! I'll keep an eye on my halo and watch that it doesn't slip too far!! Thanks again for your kind messages! I really must move the PC downstairs!! Love Eleanor xx