Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

For Linda Pace and Marion

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Teresa In Canada

Teresa In Canada Report 24 Oct 2003 22:58

Hi Linda and Marion; I noticed you both said that you are from Rainham, Kent. All my Boakes family that I am researching hail from Rainham, Strood, Gillingham and Milton. Can you tell me if these two places still exist? I can't find them on the map Victoria St , Strood Temple Road, Rainham

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 24 Oct 2003 23:15

Will ask my in-laws as its their neck of the woods. Probably Linda would be a better bet! Maz. XX

Teresa In Canada

Teresa In Canada Report 24 Oct 2003 23:23

Hi Marion; Thanks for checking for me.

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 24 Oct 2003 23:33

Can't find them,what year are you talking about? I will go to the library in Rainham if you'd like (in walking distance) to look at an old map. Lynda

Teresa In Canada

Teresa In Canada Report 24 Oct 2003 23:46

Hi Lynda; Temple Street in 1903, my gggrandfather lived there. Victoria street on 1901 census. Thanks