Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help !!!!! For North Yorkshire

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maureen

Maureen Report 23 Oct 2003 21:57

Please can anyone help with Arysome M'boro and West Acklam. I am trying to find where Arysome finishes.Also West Acklam found relli buired in West Acklam but cant find where to send for death certificate.Tried M'Boro Guisbor and Stockton.No one has it. If any one from N Yorks can help Thanks Maureen

Unknown

Unknown Report 23 Oct 2003 22:28

Maureen, If you go to the "Links" in the "Resource Centre" at the side of this page and click on Genuki you can find all kinds of Parish Registers. It breaks the country down into Counties Then Parishes. Once on a Parish Site you can usually view Parish Registers, Monumental Inscriptions and other info from that Parish. It also offers neighbouring Parishes so it is easier to cover a wide area. Good luck Jim

Maureen

Maureen Report 24 Oct 2003 00:09

Jim Thanks for advice but dont help. Sorry long time replying could'nt get back on board.It's taken an age.

Michelle

Michelle Report 24 Oct 2003 00:46

I don't know if this helps but the freebmd website has an index of places in England, I had a quick look and Acklam, West is Stockton 1837-1875 and M'boro 1875. I know you said you had tried these places but there is also 'Acklam with Barthorpe', this is in the district of Malton. Maybe this is worth a try? Michelle

Tc

Tc Report 24 Oct 2003 01:12

Hello Acklam Cemetry is a large one in Middlesbrough, probably where your relative is buried--it stetches from ayresome Green lane to west lane in acklam--can't understand why Middlesbrough register office has no record though Rod

Maureen

Maureen Report 24 Oct 2003 01:33

Hi I have a photo copy of his buiral in 1870 His abode says Aysome.Burial was St Marys West Acklam.It's driving me up the wall will have to go to libuary and check Indexes. Thanks All for your help Maureen

Carol

Carol Report 24 Oct 2003 01:35

Have you found the death entry in an index? That will give you the registration district.

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 13 May 2004 18:00

HI MAUREEN HAVE YOU TRIED TEES VALLEY INDEXES http://www.middlesborough-indexes.co.uk/search.php good luck in your search sue

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 May 2004 11:24

You should be able to find the record at Middlesbrough. West Acklam, Acklam, runs into Ayresome, all Middlesbrough. There is a small church with a cemetry in between Acklam and Ayresome and I'm sure thats called St Marys, it is off St Marys Walk. I have looked in the directory for an address or number but with no luck. If I come up with anything I will let you know. Good luck