Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Army Record Information

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gary

Gary Report 23 Oct 2003 21:18

Not quite Genealogy but...I have recently received my late Grandfathers records from the Army. Can anybody out there tell me what the following might mean:- 1. Medical grade II 2. Medical Category B1 3. Occupational classification on enlistment: FD Industry group 268/8 Both points in (3) 'as determined by the Ministry of Labour and National Service'. 4. Enlisted at 'Boyce Barracks' - where is this? 5. Where was '1st Depot RAMC' Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Sue (Sylvia Z )

Sue (Sylvia Z ) Report 23 Oct 2003 22:36

Hi Gary, Some websites for you. www(.)pro(.)gov(.)uk/research/easysearch/army(.)htm www(.)army(.)uk/unitsandorgs/ Perhaps RAMC stands for Royal Army Medical Corps. Regards, Sue

Gary

Gary Report 24 Oct 2003 10:27

Thankyou Sylvia.

Helen

Helen Report 24 Oct 2003 10:40

It's was at Crookham near Aldershot. It is the medical corps, try keying it into your search engine, there's lots of info.