Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

any ideas?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Hayley

Hayley Report 23 Oct 2003 14:39

I am trying to find out about Charlotte Mary Duke born 1911-1977 married in 1929. all i know is she had a sister calle alice and margaret, but cant find out anything else (she lived in worthing west sussex). i have looked at all i can think of but cant find anything, does anyone have any ideas?

Maxine

Maxine Report 23 Oct 2003 15:00

Hi Hayley Have you found and certificates for her? A marriage certificate would give fathers name and occupation, obviously a birth certificate would then give both parents(if legitimate). Other option would be a trip to the local records office for a trawl therough the parish records to find christening or marriage records. Once you have parents names you can start trying to tie them into census info. Regards Maxine

Hayley

Hayley Report 23 Oct 2003 15:02

thanks maxine, where can i find out where the records offices are? are they local to people or in london?