Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1881 warwickshire Census

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Darren white

Darren white Report 23 Oct 2003 11:06

On a lookup on the 1881 census disc for warwickshire I found an entry for my gt, gt grandfather: Samuel White born bulkington, warks. Also listed is a Charles Barrett, an unmarried 24 yr old who is listed as brother. Any ideas as to how he could be Sam's brother, i don't believe Sam's mother remarried and as far as we know Maria (his wife ) was a Pegg, also from bulkington.

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 23 Oct 2003 12:21

Hi Darren, The only way to be sure is to send for the "brother's" birth certificate. There are many mistranscriptions on the 1881 census so that is a possibility. But it may be that Sam's Mum married twice. The birth cert will answer some of the questions. Hope this helps, Gwynne

Darren white

Darren white Report 23 Oct 2003 12:38

I found Samuel White's mother on the 1851 census and she is Sarah White: widow aged 42, and on the IGI I found the marriage of Sarah white to William barret in bulkington nov 1851. What month was ther 51 census taken on?