Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1891 census lookup please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 23 Oct 2003 10:42

As Follows

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 23 Oct 2003 10:44

Found this family on the 1881 census. Name Relation Marital Status Gender Age Birthplace Occupation Disability Edmund J. WALKER Head M Male 39 Deptford, Kent, England Police Constable Elizabeth WALKER Wife M Female 35 Dolgelly, Merioneth, Wales Elizabeth WALKER Daur Female 3 Mile End O T, Middlesex, England Scholar George WALKER Son Male 1 Mile End O T, Middlesex, England William RYAN Nephew Male 10 St Georges East, Middlesex, England Scholar Louise MACE Boarder U Female 40 Sutton, Norfolk, England Mantle Maker -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Source Information: Dwelling 7 Gardom St Census Place London, Middlesex, England Family History Library Film 1341104 Public Records Office Reference RG11 Piece / Folio 0473 / 102 Page Number 49 Can some kind person have a look on the 1891 census for me. I need to know if there were any more children. Regards Jeanette

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 23 Oct 2003 11:29

Jeanette Elizabeth Walker 43 Widow Working in London Hospital Elizabeth " 12 daugh Scholar George E " 11 son " William Ryan 20 nephew Furniture Packer Address 14, Bath Place, Whitechapel. Hope this helps. Lynda

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 23 Oct 2003 13:10

Lynda Sorry its taken so long for me to reply - I've been out doing some cemetery photography for another GC member! Thanks for taking a look for me. Can't rule this one in or out yet then as she may have married again. I do know that Edmund was definitely dead by 1901 though. Thanks once again for looking. Jeanette

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 23 Oct 2003 13:13

Jeanette, This Elizabeth was also born in Dolgelly, so would say there wern't many of them eh? Lynda

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 23 Oct 2003 13:27

Lynda True! But I don't actually know Mrs Walkers first name. What set me off was a 1901 marriage cert I recieved this morning for Elizabeth Junior. Father Edmund - deceased. One of the witnesses was Emma Walker (haven't got a clue who she is). I also know Elizabeth had a brother called Charlie and a sister called Nell (could have been half brother and sister as I don't know their surnames for definite). So I put a search in on the LDS site and it came up with this family. That's why I needed to know if there were any more children in 1891. As you can imagine Walker isn't the easiest of name to research - there's so many.