Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Middlesex records.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sarah

Sarah Report 22 Oct 2003 21:12

Hi Most of my MAJOR relatives came from the Middlesex area. Stepney, St Georges,Bethnal Green, Mile end ,Tottenham etc. Now its getting harder and i now need information before 1837. Does anybody know if i need to go to the parish to look up births ,marriages and deaths. Or would i need to visit the record office. Both ways i will have to travel to London anyway. Maybe there is a website? Thanks for your time Sarah

Sarah

Sarah Report 22 Oct 2003 21:19

Thanks Amanda I will email you. Sarah

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 23 Oct 2003 10:25

sarah have you tried this site http://www(.)angelfire(.)com/fl/Sumter/Middlesex(.)html remove brackets

Sarah

Sarah Report 23 Oct 2003 11:07

Hi Siobhan Thanks for that. However ive already checked that site and it does not show any of my MAJOR relatives. So i was just trying to find another way to find out information. As 1 of the things i need is to find a birth for about 1833,or just before. Iam unsure which part of Middlesex the birth would of been registered under. As they seem to move about alot. In 1853 James MAJOR ( father George MAJOR)lived at 55 Glocester St Stepney. He married under the parish of St George Middlesex. However that does not mean that he was born there. Anyway there must be a way around it some how. Thanks again Sarah

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 23 Oct 2003 11:09

Hate to say it Siobhan but your link is dead. I'm having the same problem with that area of London, so was hopeful :-(

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 23 Oct 2003 11:12

Oh dear, sincere apologies, its just gone and opened for me