Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Printing a Family Tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Brian

Brian Report 22 Oct 2003 14:56

My tre is now 9 feet wide and 2 feet deep and I'm getting tired of sellotaping A4 sheets together.I want to get it printed on a continuous sheet I've tried Staples,Office World,Prontaprint and some local printers found in the Yellow Pages but so far all say they can't print that size or if they can they can't except a CD rom with the data. Has anybody any ideas or names of printers? Many thanks for the responses.I'll follow up on them

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 22 Oct 2003 15:30

Bryan, You could try genealogyprinters(.) com Looks like they have some good stuff Kathleen

Barbara

Barbara Report 22 Oct 2003 16:55

Yes I was going to suggest them. I went to a fair on sat and they were there with some incredible family trees. I particulally liked the one that was a circle. An all in one tree with up to 500 people showing all the people on your tree cost 25pounds and up to 1500 people costs 55pounds .It seems the more you add on your tree for information the more it costs. I'm not sure what happens if you are the sort of person who has 30000 names on your tree!!! They also have blank sheets for you to put your own family on. By the by, I picked up a booklet - The Complete A - z guide to early occupations for a mere £2.50 so now I know what a grimbribber is!! (A lawyer in case you wondered!!)

Brian

Brian Report 22 Oct 2003 17:22

Many thanks for your responses. I'll give the suggestions a try

Michelle

Michelle Report 22 Oct 2003 19:43

I have just recieved some blank family tree charts from Genealogyprinters(.)com, They are very good quality, I ordered them through e-bay (just bought , didn't bid) and they delivered free to America. I also got a price sheet for printed tree's, it's in dollars and includes postage but at $91.71 for between 500 and 1500 people I'm not sure if that is a good price or not, about 57Pounds Michelle