Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1891 Request Please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 22 Oct 2003 12:50

Unknown

Unknown Report 22 Oct 2003 13:12

Hi, Think I've already requested a lookup on 1891 for Sarah Ann Springford and she wasn't found, so I'm going for her hubby now. Have just been trying to lookup the births of her children on freebmd and notice that one of them being 10 in 1901 must have been illegitimate as they didn't marry till 1898. Husband is Charles Russell, found on 1901 at The Lamb Inn, 31 Bridge Street, Swindon as a Servant / Boots .... Worker ? His birthplace is given as Stafford, and his age was 39. If the child was 10 in 1901, am assuming he was either just born in 1891 or she was heavily pregnant, he has the Russell surname, so was wondering if maybe Sarah is using hubbys surname before they married and thats why I couldn't find her. Grateful for any help. Thank you. Sarah

Emma

Emma Report 22 Oct 2003 13:13

Hi Sarah, Think I've found them on the 1891 census. On the 1901 is says Stafford Warwickshire - I think this is a mistranscription for Shalford or possibly Stratford Warwickshire. RG12/1582 Folio 108 page 34 Charles Russell, head, mar, 30, patent medicine packer, Warwick Shalford on Hover (Stratford on Avon?) Sarah A Russell, wife, mar, 25, Monmouthshire Chepstow Frank E Russell, son, 5 months, Wiltshire New Swindon 5 Kingshill Cottages. Emma.

Unknown

Unknown Report 22 Oct 2003 13:15

Hi Lucy, Thankyou so much, I've just spent 10 mins trying to space the message out to make it easier to read, didn't think I would get anything so quick. Just checked my notes and they married in 1889, was getting confused with my dates so they weren't as naughty as I was expecting! Thankyou!!!! Sarah