Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1891 Census Lookup please,please!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Katwin

Katwin Report 22 Oct 2003 10:44

My gggrandfather, EDWARD GOWLAND CASEY, age 51, born Old Ford, Bow, Middx., does not appear on the 1891 census with his wife, Mary Casey and children in Cheshunt, although she states herself as Married. Could some kind person look up Cheshunt Cottage Hospital, Church Lane, Cheshunt and see whether he was listed on the census for that address, please. Many thanks - Kathy

Michele

Michele Report 22 Oct 2003 12:04

Hi I checked for Casey in Cheshunt and looked at the page for Mary. it is almost totally black and unreadable to me I am afraid. Checked for Casey in Hertfordshire and still he does not appear. Sorry michele in Haslemere

Emma

Emma Report 22 Oct 2003 12:29

Kathleen, Michele's right about the page it's almost illegible. It might be an idea to change the title of your request to Herts 1891 census address search or something similar as most of us have got access to ancestry's 1891 census which can't be searched by address. If you try and find someone with the Herts 1891 on disc, they'd be able to look up the hospital. Good luck, Emma.

Katwin

Katwin Report 22 Oct 2003 17:43

Thanks Michele and Lucy, I think you are right Lucy to try and get someone to do an address search to see who was in hospital at that time. Kathy

Janet

Janet Report 22 Oct 2003 18:02

There are 54 Edward Casey's in the 1891 Census. Only two of approximately the right age are shown as other than Head, and they were both born in Ireland. Jan.

Janet

Janet Report 22 Oct 2003 18:07

I do hope this isn't him: C, E S View Image Online Relationship: Lunatic Inmate County: Surrey Age: 51 Civil Parish: Banstead Gender: Male ED: London County Lunatic Asylum Where Born: , N Eccl. Parish: All Saints Piece: RG12/545 Town: Banstead Folio: 77 Page: 20 I looked at the sheet, and for all the inmates the place of birth was Unknown. Jan