Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help needed - 1871 London look up please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lynda

Lynda Report 22 Oct 2003 09:46

I am trying to find my husbands grandfather. Our surname is Haye. My husbands father did not find out until very late in his life that he was born illigitimately to Jessie Emily Underhay,(born Islington 1860 ) and that he was registered as Percival Alexander Underhaye.(born 16/7/1892 Marylebone). I think I have Jessie and Percival Alexander on the 1901 census living in Marylebone Using the surname Hayne. (Right dates, Christian names and initials) On the 1881 census I have found this record:- Census Place East Barnet Heartford Emily Underhay Head W 39 Islington Middlesex Jessie E Underhay Dau U 20 Islington Middlesex Ada M Underhay Dau U 15 Kentish Town Middlesex Henry J Underhay Son U 6 Islington Middlesex Lillian M Underhay Dau U 6 Islington Middlesex Could someone be kind enough to to look up 1871 census and find this Jessies fathers name and any other siblings not listed above. Any Help will be gratefully recieved.

Sharon

Sharon Report 23 Oct 2003 11:55

nudge

Sylvie

Sylvie Report 23 Oct 2003 15:05

I did have a look for this one a couple of days ago but then lost the thread - then my internet conncection! Unfortunately the index for this ins't complete yeat and I could find none fo the names you wanted. I did do a scan through of other likely spellings of Haye and Underhay. I am happy to look again if you have an address? Sorry Sylvie

Lynda

Lynda Report 24 Oct 2003 13:13

Thanks for your help Sylvie and Amanda Unfortunately my husband is the son of his fathers 2nd marriage and his only living rellies on that side(2 half sisters) are as ignorant of any facts as we are. so there is no hope of providing any other info. lyn