Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

date of death help

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Marie

Marie Report 21 Oct 2003 22:31

With a lot of help from everyone here and a little bit from me I have managed to find out details from my grandad,gt grandad, and grt grt grandad, but why is it I cant find how old they were when they died.My grandfather was born 1889 hackneyand died when my dad was a babe around 1936. I think they may have moved to Essex by then but cant find any notice of death. Help please Marie

Carol

Carol Report 21 Oct 2003 22:41

Have you looked in the index for his death in 1936. Incidentally, I assume the ck in your surname is silent. Just my sewer of a mind working overtime.

Carol

Carol Report 21 Oct 2003 22:43

I must be going ga ga. Just rushed to 1837 to look for it for you, then realised that you havent given us his name.

Marie

Marie Report 21 Oct 2003 22:55

Sorry going ga ga too. His name was Benjamin Longhurst b:1889 hackney and was about 47 when he died of TB Marie

Carol

Carol Report 21 Oct 2003 23:05

No Benjamins Longhursts in 1936 or 1st qtr of 1937.

Crista

Crista Report 22 Oct 2003 00:04

Marie, Did your grandmother ever remarry? That might give a clue as to his year of death. Crista

Marie

Marie Report 22 Oct 2003 19:24

Thanks Shelah I found that also but on 1901 census he was 12 and 1891 census he was 2. They were either late to register his birth or I am searching the wrong Benjamin. Dont know where to go now. Marie