Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Death Certificates

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 21 Oct 2003 22:13

What information can I expect to find on a death certificate for a minor approx 10 months old.

Janet

Janet Report 21 Oct 2003 22:25

I just left a note on your other thread Janet

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 21 Oct 2003 22:27

thanks janet :O)

Carol

Carol Report 21 Oct 2003 22:54

Date and place of death Name of parents (sometimes mothers maiden name) Cause of death

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 21 Oct 2003 23:06

i am hoping it will give parents names....on FRC it says it just gives name of informant. but i would of thought it would be slightly different for a minor

Carol

Carol Report 21 Oct 2003 23:14

With a minor, the informant is usually a parent. I have 2 here from 1881, one died at 5 months, the other at 1yr 8 months. In the occupation column, it states son of and name of father, and the informant is also the father. On the other the informant is the mother, and occupation column states son of fathers name. These certificates are for 2 children of the same parents, so it looks like the occupation column would give you the fathers name, at least.

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 21 Oct 2003 23:18

thanks Carol, just have to wait to recieve it now which hopefully will be sat or mon morning

Susan

Susan Report 22 Oct 2003 02:02

I have two death certificates bove very different one a civillian one issued by the M O D the latter only gives the county,age and what they died of ,the former where they lived their occupation who registered the death and signature of registrar. and caurse of death. sue

Unknown

Unknown Report 22 Oct 2003 07:43

Hi Siobhan, If its Scotland - as I know that you are researching Scottish ancestors, it will have - Profession Single/Married etc Date and time of death Age Names of parents including the mothers maiden name Fathers profession Cause of death and duration of illness Signature and relationship of informant Usual residence Regards Margaret

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 22 Oct 2003 10:40

Margaret Unfortunately it is not a scottish one, this is from my Grandfathers side and he was born in England, it is my grandmother side that is Scottish. If England followed suit like Scotland it would be so much easier, as not only would we have the parents of the person (birth certificate) but it also gives the date of marriage. I just wish all my rellies were Scottish, then it would make my life a whole lot easier. :o)