Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Family Tree on Channel 4

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anne

Anne Report 21 Oct 2003 21:57

Perhaps this has already been done but I thought I would draw attention to the free service on Channel 4 Teletext pages 154 and 155. Each week they have a new set of 58 different requests for Family Tree information. It looks useful but I wonder if anyone ever has any success with it?? Anne

Unknown

Unknown Report 22 Oct 2003 07:23

No responses?? No successes?? Regards Margaret

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 22 Oct 2003 09:21

This was actually what got me started, about 7 years ago. Someone was searching for any information regarding my fairly uncommon maiden name. I responded and the rest is history! I got the bug and am helping to collect information for the registered one-name study of that surname. Have found family resemblances between families with no present day link., -very intriguing and makes us want to search back for an ancestoral link.