Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1891 Durham look up please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anna

Anna Report 21 Oct 2003 20:08

I am looking for a John Bryce, son of the family aged about 13,i think they should be in Southwick Sunderland in 1891,also his sisters Kate aged 5 and Jane aged 3.I have found John in 1881 with his parents and younger brother Henry.I have also found the family on 1901 with the above children but there is no sign of John there.If anyone has time to look them up for me i would be most grateful Thanks in advance Anna

Andy

Andy Report 21 Oct 2003 20:11

I'll have a look. Well, I've found them but Ancestry is proving so slow to load up images so bear with me.

Andy

Andy Report 21 Oct 2003 20:28

Anna, Ancestry is failing to load the images, so the following is straight from the index transcription. Hope this will suffice: Brice, Ann View Image Online Relationship: Wife County: Durham Age: 32 Civil Parish: Southwick Gender: Female ED: 4b Where Born: Durham, Southwick Eccl. Parish: Holy Trinity Piece: RG12/4146 Town: Folio: 32 Page: 4 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Brice, Ann View Image Online Relationship: Daughter County: Durham Age: 10.12 Civil Parish: Southwick Gender: Female ED: 4b Where Born: Durham, Southwick Eccl. Parish: Holy Trinity Piece: RG12/4146 Town: Folio: 32 Page: 4 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Brice, Catherine S View Image Online Relationship: Daughter County: Durham Age: 5 Civil Parish: Southwick Gender: Female ED: 4b Where Born: Durham, Southwick Eccl. Parish: Holy Trinity Piece: RG12/4146 Town: Folio: 32 Page: 4 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Brice, Henry Y View Image Online Relationship: Son County: Durham Age: 11 Civil Parish: Southwick Gender: Male ED: 4b Where Born: Durham, Southwick Eccl. Parish: Holy Trinity Piece: RG12/4146 Town: Folio: 32 Page: 4 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Brice, Jane Y View Image Online Relationship: Daughter County: Durham Age: 3 Civil Parish: Southwick Gender: Female ED: 4b Where Born: Durham, Southwick Eccl. Parish: Holy Trinity Piece: RG12/4146 Town: Folio: 32 Page: 4 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Brice, John Y View Image Online Relationship: Son County: Durham Age: 13 Civil Parish: Southwick Gender: Male ED: 4b Where Born: Durham, Southwick Eccl. Parish: Holy Trinity Piece: RG12/4146 Town: Folio: 32 Page: 4 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Brice, Thomas Y View Image Online Relationship: Head County: Durham Age: 32 Civil Parish: Southwick Gender: Male ED: 4b Where Born: Yorkshire, So stockton Eccl. Parish: Holy Trinity Piece: RG12/4146 Town: Folio: 32 Page: 4

Andy

Andy Report 21 Oct 2003 20:33

Anna, There is a John BRICE on the 1901 census, aged 23, born Southwick, listed as a Ships Rivetter. From your message, it sounded as if you hadn't been able to find him on there. It looks like a possible match.

Anna

Anna Report 21 Oct 2003 21:58

Thanks for that Andy.thats the family i was looking for.I couldnt seem to find John on 1901 when i looked earlier so i just wanted to make sure he hadnt died between1881 and 1901 Thanks for your help Anna