Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1871 Name Index lookup (Yorkshire)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Vicky

Vicky Report 21 Oct 2003 17:32

I'm looking for a Thomas Bona c1853 or his father again Thomas Bona c1833 (possibly Bonner) in Otley/wharfedale Leeds area, need an address so chris can do me a lookup from the 1871 cencus thanks Vicky

Vicky

Vicky Report 21 Oct 2003 18:08

Nudge, sorry but I'm getting desperate!! and it will disapear off the bottom

Stan

Stan Report 21 Oct 2003 22:07

Hi, Vicky The Wharfedale Family History Group have indexed all the names in the censuses for Wharfedale. I have their two 1871 indexes for Otley, and the one for Burley in Wharfedale, Askwith, Snowden, Burley Woodhead, Denton and Menston. There are no people named Bona or Bonner there in 1871, unlike 1891. Perhaps they were in Leeds? The Yorkshire Archaeological Society's Family History Section have these indexes, and others, for sale. Unfortunately they seem to have changed their website from the one from which I ordered. If you can find it, you can order indexes from them. Stan

Vicky

Vicky Report 22 Oct 2003 07:43

Thanks for that Stan, I wonder where they can be? All the certificates so far have been around the Wharfedale and Otley and one in Harrogate. I hate the brick wall syndrome but I have one other avenue yet to explore and hopefuly that will bring up more information, thanks anyway regards Vicky