Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Thanks everyone .

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sally Ann

Sally Ann Report 21 Oct 2003 16:10

A big thank you for all the help . But I am giving up found a few people but not the one I wanted . Good luck to anyone looking for someone out . Bye x

Maxine

Maxine Report 21 Oct 2003 17:11

Sorry to hear you're giving up - why don't you just have a break and come back to it in a few months with fresh eyes. I'm sure you'll miss all the eye strain and anti social behaviour( or is that just me? lol!) Regards Maxine

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 21 Oct 2003 17:16

Give it another go girl - every day there is a fresh pair of eyes on this board, and every day someone has a different idea. For instance, I don't who you are looking for - perhaps I can help (although those who know me know its unlikely) but hey, who knows - stick with it for a bit longer - or try another rellie and delve a bit deeper into that person - often that will give you more clues. Jacqui

Vicky

Vicky Report 21 Oct 2003 17:22

I agree, I left one of mine and moved on when i came back to it a few weeks later BINGO sometimes you can try too hard and it's often right under your nose you just need a different angle on it. vicky

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Oct 2003 17:31

Sally Ann Totally agree with everyone above. Often, when I read thru' stuff I have filed as being 'complete', I suddenly notice another avenue to go down. You can't do it all at once. Some of us have been at this game for ages; it is well worth while giving it another shot. Maybe on dark winter evenings, when there is 'sweet you-know-what' on the tele, you may be inspired again. Hope so. Hazel

Annie

Annie Report 21 Oct 2003 23:42

Sally Ann Pleeeeeeeeeese don't give up. Have a break but keep half an eye open .. I've been looking for someone for 13 years. Today in the post I got an envelope from a lady I'd met on a message board. In it were photocopies of births marriages and deaths for the person I'd almost given up on completely. And her parents. And her grandparents. And her great grandparents. Nearest I've been to tears for a very long time. If any of us can help you then we will keep trying. A