Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Computer question please.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sidami

Sidami Report 21 Oct 2003 14:05

I use outlook express and hot mail for my emails, the question I would like to know is how do I save some of these emails and put them in a folder in my documents. Could someone please explain in a simple way. Many thanks it is also for a friend, so I am not the only idiot...................Sue she knows who she is.

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 21 Oct 2003 14:07

Well I am an idiot so I'd also love to know in very simple terms! Jeanette:-)

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 21 Oct 2003 14:09

on win 98 go to file go to save as it will prob come up with your drive (eg...C) change the (c) to my documents then press save. hope this works e x

BrianW

BrianW Report 21 Oct 2003 14:10

You can copy and paste into Word then give the document a name and file it in an appropriate folder in your Documents. (And back up the Documents folder in case of computer disaster: it's happened to me :-( )

Diane

Diane Report 21 Oct 2003 14:32

All I do Sue if I want to keep an e-mail is after you have read it and it goes back to the list, left click on the e-mail and keep your finger on the curser and drag it to the left hand side list you should have ( like Inbox/Delete box/Journal etc: )and put it under whatever list you feel is right for this mail. Once you stop at the file you want just lift your finger and it will automatically stay there. If you want to read it again just go and click on that file. I have kept all my mail to do with family research in my genealogy file on the left hand side. Hope you understand me and that it helps you. Good luck! Diane...........

Sidami

Sidami Report 21 Oct 2003 18:46

Thanks for you help Sue.......................This is for you as well Mary!