Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1871 lookup...birth cert not what i was expecting!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

HampshireMel

HampshireMel Report 21 Oct 2003 11:06

Got a birth cert a few days ago for my grt grandad FRANCIS H. SHEPHEARD and his parents are not the ones i was expecting them to be! The spelling of the surname on the cert is wrong and when i ordered it i intially thought this was a mistake at the time of registration. Now the parents are different im wondering if its a totally different person! Could anybody possible have a look at the 1971 census for Plymouth, Devon. Im looking for the parents and any siblings of FRANCIS. H. SHEPHEARD b 1964 or 1967 in Plymouth. Any help or advice would be brilliant, Thanks Demelza

Dave

Dave Report 21 Oct 2003 11:22

Hi Demelza, Is this any use:- Name Relation Marital Status Gender Age Birthplace Occupation Disability William H. SHEPHERD Head M Male 42 Plymouth, Devon, England Plasterer & Contractor (Employing 3 Men) Charlotte SHEPHERD Wife M Female 43 Plymouth, Devon, England Henry W. SHEPHERD Son U Male 19 Plymouth, Devon, England Plasterer Frederick J. SHEPHERD Son U Male 18 Plymouth, Devon, England Plasterer Francis SHEPHERD Son U Male 16 Plymouth, Devon, England Plasterer Emily M. SHEPHERD Daur Female 11 Plymouth, Devon, England Scholar Annie L. SHEPHERD Daur Female 7 Plymouth, Devon, England Scholar Source Information: Dwelling 5 Market Place Census Place Corbridge, Northumberland, England Family History Library Film 1342232 Public Records Office Reference RG11 Piece / Folio 5102 / 25 Dave

HampshireMel

HampshireMel Report 21 Oct 2003 11:37

David, Thanks for that, that was the family that i was expecting but not the parents that ive got on the birth cert. Do you think ive got the wrong certificate?....there was only 1 francis shepheard for those dates in the 1837 indexes and its not got the parents i wanted!!!...dont know what to do or which one to follow now......Frustrating!! If i get the marriage cert for him that hop[efully thatll have his father on and clear it up once and for all! Thanks again Demelza