Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

" Is there a virus here"?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sidami

Sidami Report 21 Oct 2003 00:01

I have just recieved email on "outlook express" saying "I would like to inform you about important information regarding your email address. This email address will be expiring read attachment. Has anyone else got one? should I just deleteSue.............

Linda

Linda Report 21 Oct 2003 00:03

Sue, I think I read on here before that this type of e-mail is carrying a virus in the attachment. DON'T OPEN IT! Delete it. Linda.

Crista

Crista Report 21 Oct 2003 00:06

Sue, That one has been going around for a while. You REALLY need to get some anti-virus software. Crista

Carol

Carol Report 21 Oct 2003 00:06

DELETE IT NOW

Carol

Carol Report 21 Oct 2003 00:07

You can get a free virus protector from www(.)grisoft(.)com

Crista

Crista Report 21 Oct 2003 01:36

William, Well, some of the time anyway. Crista

sparklysam

sparklysam Report 21 Oct 2003 08:20

The grisoft anti virus as mentioned above is a good one, most people i know use that one now! Sam

Sidami

Sidami Report 21 Oct 2003 09:04

Thanks for all your advice, I have deleted it, I never open if I don,t know who they are from. Sue........