Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

help needed Please 1871 census Yorkshire

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Janet

Janet Report 20 Oct 2003 23:44

can anyone help with the 1871 census for south Yorkshire Looking for Morgans from Royston Barnsley South Yorkshire.

Mystified

Mystified Report 21 Oct 2003 07:53

I am nudging this up for you. There is a kind soul on here who can access as they did it for me. I think they have to visit the library though. Fingers crossed. John

Mystified

Mystified Report 21 Oct 2003 07:56

Just had another thought for you. If you go to Roots web they have a mailing list for Barnsley. You could join (it's free) and ask for a look up there. You might even get a connection!!!

Stephen

Stephen Report 21 Oct 2003 09:32

Janet I was in Barnsley library on Friday. Their microfilm of the 1871 census is damaged. They have an index but only for the centre of Barnsley. Regards Stephen

Chris

Chris Report 21 Oct 2003 12:46

Hi Janet Sorry to tell you but there was no Margan's living in Royston on the 1871 census Chris